Grant D. Waterkotte
Shareholder (Los Angeles)
Grant D. Waterkotte is a shareholder at Pettit Kohn, and a highly accomplished trial attorney in Southern California. He has tried over 20 cases to verdict in Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura and Kern Counties, and routinely achieves very favorable results for his clients. Grant’s extensive jury trial experience and exceptional results led to his induction into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in October 2010. He is one of the younger members to have the privilege of being inducted into this prestigious organization.
Grant has a wide range of civil litigation and trial experience, primarily in the areas of retail liability, transportation law, employment law, and personal injury. Grant also provides employment and transportation consultation and legal drafting services for his corporate clients.
Grant was born in Orange, California. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Grove City College in Pennsylvania, where he graduated cum laude, and was honored as the “Most Outstanding Student in the Social Sciences.” He received his Juris Doctor degree from Washington and Lee School of Law in Lexington, Virginia. While there, he served as student body president, and the managing editor of the Environmental Law Digest.
Grant was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers “Southern California Rising Stars” list for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, in the area of personal injury (defense). Grant has been licensed to practice law in California since 2001, and licensed to practice law in Arizona since 2011. He is also licensed to practice law before all of the Federal District Courts of California and Arizona, the Ninth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- International Law Society
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pi Gamma Mu Social Science Honor’s Society
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- Transportation Lawyers of America
- Washington & Lee Alumni Association
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Grove City College (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
- A New Twist Complicating the Challenge of Assessing Lost Earnings Damages in Employment Suits, Los Angeles Business Journal – Employment & Labor – January 2014
Speaking Engagements +-
- DRI Retail and Hospitality Litigation Seminar, “The Evolution of Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation” (May, 2017)
- Authoring the Winning Summary Judgment Motion: Procedural Seminar (March, 2005)
- Defending Third Party Criminal Act Lawsuits: Mealey’s Retail Liability Conference, Las Vegas (December, 2004)