Jeffrey K. Miyamoto
Jeffrey K. Miyamoto has more than 15 years of civil litigation experience representing individual and corporate clients in matters involving professional liability, business litigation, product liability and personal injury. In 2010, Jeff was recognized by the San Diego Daily Transcript as one of “San Diego County’s Top Attorneys” in the area of Insurance. Jeff has also handled numerous appeals and has successfully argued before the Fourth District Court of Appeal.
Jeff was born and raised in San Diego. In 1993, he graduated from the University of California, Irvine, where he also played on the Men’s Division I Tennis Team. Jeff obtained his law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1996. While attending law school, Jeff received the Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Award as well as the Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego Scholarship Award.
Jeff received the State Bar Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services in 2001. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Challenge Center, a non-profit that provides skilled physical therapy services to individuals with severe mobility disorders. Notably, Jeff was recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2018 for his work in Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants.
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2014, 2015
- San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys Award
– Finalist 2010, 2012, 2015
– Nominee 2014
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Attorneys 2014-2017
- Best Lawyers In America 2018, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendant
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers of San Diego
- Challenge Center, Board of Directors, January 2011-present
- San Diego County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Courts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- University of California, Irvine (B.A., 1993)