Valerie Garcia Hong
Valerie is a shareholder at Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin. She helps clients resolve a diverse range of complex business litigation matters including professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duties, trade secrets and unfair competition claims, and homeowners’ disputes. Valerie has also handled high-stakes personal injury and wrongful death cases through trial.
Valerie’s history of outstanding results has earned her a reputation amongst her clients and peers. She has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” for consecutive years by Super Lawyers Magazine, “Best of the Bar” by the San Diego Business Journal, “Top Attorney” for Insurance Defense and Corporate Litigation by the San Diego Daily Transcript, and a recipient of the HIYAS Award by the Filipino American Cultural Organization.
Valerie holds several leadership roles, including Board Member/Past President of Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego, Board Member of Women of Color in The Law, Member at Large of the San Diego County Bar Civil Litigation Committee, Board Member of Reading Legacies, and Past President of Ladies on Course Golf Club.
Valerie obtained her law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law and her Bachelor of Science from the University of Illinois. During law school, she was a judicial extern for Honorable Joan Lefkow in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Valerie has also worked as an Adjunct Professor at California Western School of Law, where she taught litigation skills.
- Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016-2018
- Best of the Bar by San Diego Business Journal, 2014-2016
- San Diego Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- Top Attorney for Corporate Litigation and Insurance Defense by San Diego Daily Transcript, 2013-2014
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of Illinois (B.S., with Honors 2001)
Speaking Engagements +-
- San Diego Defense Lawyers, “Appellate Issues for the Civil Litigator” (2014)
- Women of Color in the Law, “Leaning In” (2014)
- North County Bar Association, “Creating and Preserving Your Case for Appeal: How, When, and Who to Object, Raise and Preserve Issues” (2013)
- Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego, Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego, Tax Law Society, “Hanging Up Your Own Shingle – Tips for Solo Practioners” (2012)
- Diverse Women’s Task Force of Lawyers Club, South Asian Bar Association, “Challenges Minority Attorneys Face in the Workplace” (2012)
- Filipino American Chamber of Commerce – San Diego, “Pre-Litigation Strategies for Small Business Owners” (2011 and 2013)
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, “Diversity and Building Bridges” (2011)