Cesilie J. Garles
Cesilie J. Garles has successfully handled a wide range of insurance defense and general civil litigation matters including product liability, premises liability, automobile liability, construction defect, and contract cases. She has extensive experience representing regulated transportation utilities in both contested and rulemaking administrative proceedings.
Prior to joining Pettit Kohn, Ms. Garles served as Senior Counsel for a multi-national corporation, where she focused on complex commercial contracts and leveraged her litigation background to develop contracting and negotiation strategies to promote long-term business relationships and minimize future disputes. Through her in-house role, Ms. Garles gained a strong business perspective and in-depth understanding of how counsel can effectively and efficiently support a company’s objectives from both inside and outside an organization.
- C. Edwin Moore Oral Arguments, Finalist
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Colorado (Inactive)
- State Bar of Tennessee (Inactive)
- U.S. District Court for District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Drake University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Denver (B.A., Honors, 2005)
- “Review of Legal Materials,” The Colorado Lawyer (August, 2015)
- Published Opinion: Matthew v. Barnhart v. American Furniture Warehouse Company, 2013 COA 158