Emily R. Arnett
Emily R. Arnett obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 2007. While attending law school, she was awarded the Dean’s Certificate for Outstanding Performance in Legislation, a pro bono summer fellowship with Legal Aid, and the H.O.P.E. Service Award for her volunteer work. Emily also participated in the law school’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, acting as Team Leader her final year. Emily obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in history from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2001.
Prior to working at Pettit Kohn, Emily practiced as a litigation attorney in the greater metro areas of Miami, San Francisco and New York City, focusing on professional liability, real property, and employment law matters. Emily is an active member of the California, New York, Florida and District of Columbia Bar Associations.
Outside the practice of law, Emily enjoys horseback riding and is active in her local community volunteering with military and veteran organizations. In recognition of her efforts, she was awarded the Army Achievement Medal for Civilian Service and recognized with a Certificate of Appreciation for Patriotic Civilian Service in 2015 and 2016. Emily is an active member of Military Spouse JD Network (“MSJDN”), a professional non-profit and advocacy organization for military spouse attorneys.
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace Chapter
- State Bar of California (2009)
- State Bar of District of Columbia (2009)
- State Bar of Florida (2007); US District Court, Middle District of Florida (2011)
- State Bar of New York (2012); US District Court, Southern District of New York (2013)
• University of Miami (FL) School of Law
• University of California, Los Angeles
(B.A., History, 2001)