Erik T. Johnson
Erik T. Johnson specializes in advising and defending employers on a variety of labor and management matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, unfair competition, and wage and hour claims.
Erik has extensive experience litgating in California’s state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate level. He has also successfully represented clients before a broad array of state and federal administrative
In addition to litigation, Erik counsels employers on effective ways to reduce their risk of litigation through policy changes, employee handbook updates and revisions, compliant leaves of absence, workplace investigations, discipline and terminations, employment agreements, arbitration agreements, and other human resource issues and strategies.
Erik earned his Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as a Board Member and Lead Articles Editor of the San Diego Law Review. Before law school, Erik graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Arts in History.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Erik taught at a public school in Harlem through the New York City Teaching Fellows program.
• San Diego County Bar Association
• State Bar of California
• U.S. District Court of California – Northern, Central, and Southern Districts
• San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
• American Inns of Court, The Hon. J. Clifford Wallace Inn of Court, Associate (2013-2014)
• University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2011)
• University of Pennsylvania (B.A., magna cum laude, 2002)