Jeffrey K. Miyamoto
Jeffrey K. Miyamoto is a shareholder of the firm. He has more than 20 years of civil litigation experience representing individual and corporate clients in matters involving professional liability, business litigation, product liability and personal injury. Jeff has also successfully briefed and argued several appeals before the California Courts of Appeal. During the course of his career, Jeff has been recognized as a distinguished attorney by his peers in several publications such as Best Lawyers in America, San Diego
Magazine, San Diego Business Journal, and the San Diego Daily Transcript.
Jeff was born and raised in San Diego. In 1993, he graduated from the University of California, Irvine, where he also played on the Men’s Division I Tennis Team. Jeff obtained his law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1996. While attending law school, Jeff received the Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Award as well as the Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego Scholarship Award.
Jeff received the State Bar Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services in 2001. Since 2011, Jeff has served on the Board of Directors for Challenge Center, a non-profit that provides skilled physical therapy services to individuals with severe mobility disorders.
- Best Lawyers in America 2018, 2019
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2014, 2015
- The Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys Award
– Finalist 2010, 2012, 2015
– Nominee 2014
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2014-2018
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers of San Diego
- Challenge Center, Board of Directors, January 2011-present
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Courts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- University of California, Irvine (B.A., 1993)