Jenna H. Leyton-Jones
Jenna H. Leyton-Jones represents a diverse spectrum of business entities in all aspects of employment litigation, including defense of claims involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes and trade secret misappropriation. She also provides counseling to employers on a variety of day-to-day employment matters, and routinely lectures on employment law trends and developments at human resource seminars. Jenna is also a co-founder of the firm’s appellate practice group.
Jenna currently serves as the Vice President of Legislation for the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, and has been selected for inclusion on Super Lawyers Rising Stars list and San Diego Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar.”
Jenna graduated cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law. During law school, she received the Faculty Achievement Scholarship and D’Angelo Outstanding Child Advocate Award. Working with the Children’s Advocacy Institute, Jenna lobbied and published an article to support increased funding for California’s foster care system. She also served on the executive boards of the Women’s Law Caucus and Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity. Prior to law school, Jenna graduated with Highest Honors from the University of California, Berkeley, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and was awarded the Departmental Citation for outstanding academic achievement.
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2016, 2017, 2018
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2015, 2016
- San Diego Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Nominated for San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys Award 2013
- San Diego Daily Transcript’s Young Attorneys Award 2011
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace Chapter
- California Employers Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, Vice President of Legislation (2011-2015)
- SDCBA New Lawyer Division 3L Mentoring Program
- State Bar of California
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A., with Highest Honors, 2004)
- “They Deserve a Family: Higher Foster Family Home Rates Could Lead to Better Outcomes, Including More Adoptions, For California’s Foster Children,” Children’s Advocacy Institute, San Diego, California, 2007.
Speaking Engagements +-
- San Diego Employers Association, “Where’s Waldo? Finding Legal Ways to Tackle Employee Attendance Problems” (2018)
- San Diego Society For Human Resource Management, “Like It. Tweet It. Blog It. The Do’s and Don’ts of Regulating Social Media in the Workplace” (2017)
- San Diego Society For Human Resource Management, “Arbitration Issues and Updates” (2015)
- North County Bar Association, “Creating and Preserving Your Case for Appeal: How, When, and Why to Object, Raise and Preserve Issues” (2013)
- San Diego Society For Human Resource Management, “Protecting Your Products and People: The Efficacy of Non-Disclosure, Non-Compete, and Non-Solicitation Clauses in California” (2012)