Jennifer P. Suberlak
Jennifer P. Suberlak is an associate with Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin. Her practice focuses on employment and labor counseling and litigation. Jennifer helps employers manage the day-to-day issues arising in the employment context, craft and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance, and navigate the litigation process. Jennifer also provides harassment prevention training for California employers.
Jennifer earned her law degree at the University of California Los Angeles School of Law in 2013. While attending law school, Jennifer was the Chief Managing Editor of Women’s Law Journal.
Prior to law school, Jennifer attended the University of California Los Angeles, graduating summa cum laude, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Anthropology.
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace Chapter
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, Vice President of Legislation
- SDHR Forum
- State Bar of California
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., summa cum laude, 2009)
- “Keeping Score in the Battle Over Arbitration in California,” American Bar Association Business Litigation Committee Newsletter (2016)
Speaking Engagements +-
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management Legal + Strategic Insights Conference, “Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health Issues” (2019)
- Professionals in Human Resources Association CAHR19 Conference, “Managing Employee’s Off Duty Conduct: The Dos and Don’ts” (2019)
- Business & Legal Resources, Inc., “Paperless HR Recordkeeping: How to Navigate Electronic Document Security Risks, Storage, and Destruction in the Cloud” (2019)
- National Business Institute, “Human Resources, Labor and Employment in Marijuana Business Operations” (2019)
- San Diego Professional Coaches Alliance, “Coaches: Self-Employed or Employee? Changes in California Independent Contractor Laws” (2019)
- California Society of Association Executives, “New Year, New Legal Updates” (2018)
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, “Managing Employee’s Off Duty Conduct: The Dos and Don’ts” (2018)
- National Business Institute, “Putting in Place Document Retention Programs” (2018)
- National Business Institute, “FMLA, ADA, and Workers’ Compensation: Managing Leave of Absence Issues” (2018)
- SDHR Forum Legal Update, “California Commission Law & Paid Rest Breaks” (2018)