Jocelyn D. Hannah
Jocelyn D. Hannah has over 15 years of experience practicing in business, professional liability, and employment litigation, including the defense of complex consumer and employment class actions. Her experience includes the representation of regional and national law firms in professional liability matters, as well as the representation of Fortune 500 companies across a broad range of industries in contractual, business, partnership, consumer, trade secret, and business ownership disputes. She has successfully defended clients against claims brought under California’s Unfair Competition Law, California’s Penal Code section 632 relating to the recording of customer calls, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the federal Petroleum Marketing Practices Act and its California state law counterpart, and Proposition 65.
Ms. Hannah has additionally defended all types of employment-related claims including both class and single-plaintiff claims for wrongful termination, race and age discrimination, harassment, disability
discrimination, misappropriation of trade secrets, non-competition, and interference with business relations.
Ms. Hannah represents clients throughout California in both state and federal court, and has significant experience in trials, arbitrations, and mediations. Her experience includes successfully arguing cases before the California Courts of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
- American Business Trial Lawyers
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Federal Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Edinburgh (MSc, 1998)
- Boston University (B.A., 1996)