Kathryn J. Besch
Kathryn J. Besch focuses her practice on representing individuals and businesses in professional liability and business litigation matters. Kate has extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation, representing clients in a wide range of disputes. She has attained favorable results through settlement negotiations, mediations, and arbitrations, and obtained dismissals of her clients through summary judgment and dispositive motions, including actions for fraud and wrongful death.
Kate received her Juris Doctor from the University of Iowa, College of Law in 2002. While in law school, Kate was a member of the Trial Advocacy Board and received the Richard P. Glovka Scholarship for outstanding trial advocacy skills. She earned a B.B.A. in Finance and Business Economics from the University of Notre Dame. Prior to law school, she held a Series 7 license and assisted institutional investors and cash managers with short term investments.
Kate is admitted to practice before all California State Courts and the U.S. District Court for the Southern & Central Districts of California.
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Notre Dame Club of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A.,1998)
- Kathryn Besch, “Overcoming Implicit Bias in the Workplace,” San Diego Defense Lawyers Update (Fall, 2017)
- Kathryn Besch, “For Whom the Bell (v. Feibush) Tolls,” Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report (Summer, 2013)
Speaking Engagements +-
- Association of Corporate Counsel Litigation Roundtable, “Elimination of Bias” (2018)