Lisa D. Mallinson
Senior Counsel (Los Angeles)
Lisa D. Mallinson is a Senior Counsel in Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin’s Los Angeles office, where she focuses her practice on Transportation, Civil and Trial Litigation, Personal Injury, Premises Liability, and General Liability matters. She represents small and large corporate clients in a variety of litigation matters, including premises liability, product liability, and personal injury. Lisa has extensive litigation and trial experience in a wide variety of insurance defense, business litigation, construction litigation, premises liability, legal malpractice, defamation, first amendment, and trade secret actions at the trial and appellate court levels. Lisa has both first and second chair trial experience.
Prior to joining the firm, she worked for a Southern California defense firm, focusing on all aspects of civil litigation and general liability defense. She previously served as a program chair of a Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Lisa is a third generation native Californian. Lisa graduated from the University of California Los Angeles in 1994 and obtained her law degree from Whittier Law School in 1998. She also spent a year in Córdoba, Argentina, where she completed courses at Facultad de Lenguas, one of the faculties of the National University of Córdoba.
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Whittier Law School (J.D., 1998)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1994)
- Obtained summary judgment in legal malpractice/corporate action, assisting with Appellate filing resulting in published opinion; Sprengel v. Zbylut, 40 Cal.App.5th 1028 (Cal. Ct. App. 2019).
- Co-authored respondent’s brief before the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, resulting in unpublished opinion; Nelson v. John Does, Court of Appeal Case No.: B283743 (2018)