Rio F. Schwarting
Rio F. Schwarting obtained her Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law. She represents large and small corporate clients against claims involving premises liability, product liability, and personal injury. She also handles a wide range of employment matters and focuses on the defense of employers in all aspects of employment litigation.
Prior to joining Pettit Kohn, Rio was an associate at a California based law firm where she assisted in business and employment cases from inception to resolution. During this time, she represented both plaintiffs and defendants, which allowed her to develop a unique perspective in overall case handling and strategy.
In law school, Rio was a California Western Admissions Scholarship recipient and also earned the Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Drafting. Rio worked as a Certified Legal Intern for the District Attorney’s Office and as a Contract I and II Teaching Assistant. She also volunteered at the Community Law Project. Additionally, Rio was selected to attend the ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago, Illinois as the California Western School of Law Student Representative.
A San Diego native, Rio attended San Diego State University, graduating in three years. Rio earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and a Minor in Educational Technology.
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace Chapter, Associate
- California Western School of Law Alumni Association, Board Member
- California Women Lawyers
- Lawyers Club of San Diego: Legal Community Outreach Committee Co-chair (present), Law Student Outreach Committee Co-chair (2021-2022)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of California
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- San Diego State University (B.A., 2013)
Speaking Engagements +-
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel Webinar, “How to Defend Wage and Hour PAGA and Class Action Cases” (2022)
- San Pedro Chamber of Commerce Webinar, “2022 Employment Law Update” (2022)