Tristan A. Mullis
Shareholder (Los Angeles)
Tristan A. Mullis provides labor and employment litigation services to clients in a wide range of industries. Tristan’s practice focuses on the defense of claims involving workplace discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations. He has secured successful outcomes for clients at trial, mediation, and through dispositive motions. Tristan also has substantial experience in other forms of business litigation including property loss, insurance coverage, and contract disputes.
In addition to litigation, Tristan works with employers to implement policies and practices to maximize personnel while reducing the risk of future claims. This includes the drafting of employee handbooks and other written materials, lectures and on-site training, and direct consultation with professionals in human resources.
Tristan obtained his Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School in 2009. While attending law school, Tristan received honors as a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and the Brooklyn Law Review. He also served as a Certified Law Clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Prior to law school, Tristan earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History, with Honors, from Bowdoin College. He was an active member of the Maine Volunteer Lawyers Project, where he helped to provide pro bono legal assistance to low-income communities, helping them navigate and become equal participants in the civil justice system.
- American Bar Association, Employment and Labor Law Section
- Professionals in Human Resources Association
- State Bar of California
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Bowdoin College (B.A., 2004)
Speaking Engagements +-
- San Pedro Chamber of Commerce, “Independent Contractors After Dynamex: Still Viable or a Deal With the Devil?” (2018)
- LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce, “Best Practices for Preventing Harassment and Discrimination in Your Business” (2018)
- Disrupt HR, “Drafting Your Best Team” (2017)