Legal Assistant (SD Office)
Experienced defense litigation secretary is needed to support busy litigation attorneys. Must be self-motivated, team oriented, have a high attention to detail and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Accuracy is a must.
- Preparing draft court documents, specifically complaints, answers, discovery, briefs, motions, motions for summary judgment, correspondence and memos
- Revising and finalizing documents and ensuring timely service, filing and delivery
- Calendaring court dates from the initiation of a case through trial, depositions (with clients, court reporters, interpreters, videographers and other entities) and other case occurrences.
- Preparing for trials as needed
- Confirming calendar events
- Other special projects as assigned
- In-depth knowledge of California Civil Procedure and Court Rules, and meticulous management of attorney’s calendar is required
- Proficiency in a Windows environment
- Typing at least 70 wpm is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills and team player spirit
- Organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Very dependable, reliable, trustworthy and motivated
- Strong integrity and professional demeanor
We offer competitive salaries, bonus opportunities, generous benefits, including health insurance, paid time off and 401(k), and a great work atmosphere. If you are motivated to deliver quality results, thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with great people, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com