Alexis C. Garcia
Alexis C. Garcia is an associate in Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin’s San Diego office and focuses her practice on professional liability and business litigation matters.
Alexis obtained her Juris Doctor degree from California Western School of Law. During law school, Alexis served as the Executive Lead Articles Editor for the California Western Law Review journal. Her aptitude for research and writing is further recognized by her involvement in the 2021-2022 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition as Lead Research and Writer. There, they placed #7 out of 87 teams for best writing materials. However, Alexis’ favorite aspect of law school was honing her oral advocacy skills. Alexis won first place in California Western’s Intraschool Trial competition, earning her a Distinguished Advocate Award for outstanding trial skills. This award qualified her to compete in a rigorous summer trial bootcamp, placing her on California Western’s Trial Team. In her spare time, Alexis served as a Legal Skills Honors Instructor for first-year law students, was a Research Assistant to two professors on campus, and worked as a Student Scribe taking notes in seven different classes for students with disabilities.
Prior to joining Pettit Kohn, Alexis was a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Jill L. Burkhardt of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. Alexis also served as a Certified Legal Intern for the California Attorney General’s Office in the Appeals, Writs, and Trials section of the Criminal Division where she drafted appellate briefs on a wide range of issues and argued those before the California Court of Appeal. Alexis interned in Washington D.C., for the USDA Office of the General Counsel in their Civil Rights, Labor, & Employment Law Division: Litigation Section through the prestigious Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) program. Following her internship, HACU appointed Alexis as their Alumni Representative for the West Coast region where she continues to improve access to, and the quality of, postsecondary educational opportunities for Hispanic students.
- California Western School of Law
– American Jurisprudence Award: Advanced Legal Research 2002
– American Jurisprudence Award: Advanced Prosecution Function 2002
– American Jurisprudence Award: Clinical Externship Program 2023
– American Jurisprudence Award: Trial Skills for Distinguished Advocated 2022
– Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL) Competition, 2nd Place 2022
– David M. Gill Trial Competition, 1st Place 2021
– David M. Gill Trial Competition, Distinguished Advocate Award 2021
– Dean’s Honor List 2021-2022
- Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services 2023
- Paralegal Certificate 2019
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 2023)
- California State University, Chico (B.A., 2019)