Janice Y. Walshok
Janice Walshok has experience primarily in the fields of personal injury, including wrongful death, product liability, and insurance bad faith. She had the distinct honor of serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable John A. Houston for the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. Janice has successfully tried several jury trials, argued before the Second District Court of Appeal, and prevailed at the Ninth Circuit in upholding a corporate client’s defense verdict on a motion for summary judgment in a traumatic brain injury case against one of the notable law firms in Los Angeles. She continues to succeed in obtaining early resolutions for her clients by way of summary judgment, motions to strike and other dispositive motions.
Janice was nominated for the 2017 Best of the Bar and selected to the San Diego Super Lawyers Rising Stars list 2015-2023, which is a recognition that is bestowed on less than 2.5% of all attorneys. Recently, she was recognized among the Best Lawyers in America for her work in Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants. Janice was a Board Member of San Diego Defense Lawyers from 2015-2017. In 2017, Janice presented before the San Diego Defense Lawyers regarding how to attack and prove the reasonable value of plaintiff’s medical expenses in personal injury cases post Howell v. Hamilton Meats.
Janice Walshok is a graduate of University of California, San Diego (B.A. Political Science, 2005) and California Western School of Law (J.D., 2008) where she was a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship. She was born in Oklahoma City, but raised in Hawaii. She lives in San Diego where she enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
- Best Lawyers in America 2023, 2024
- San Diego Business Journal’s “Women of Influence in Law” 2021, 2023
- San Diego Metro Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” 2023
- San Diego Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015-2023
- California Minority Counsel Program
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of California
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of California San Diego (B.A., Political Science, 2005)