Jennifer N. Lutz
Jennifer N. Lutz focuses her practice in employment litigation and counseling. Jennifer represents California’s employers in all aspects of employment disputes in state and federal court, and before administrative and government agencies. Jennifer has successfully litigated disputes involving issues of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, defamation, and both individual and class action wage and hour claims.
In addition, Jennifer provides advice and training to employers on a full range of employment law issues, including drafting employment policies and procedures, terminations, and discipline.
Jennifer is also a speaker and author on issues such as wage and hour law, employee privacy, and leaves of absence.
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2014
- San Diego Super Lawyers 2011 – 2019
- Nominated for The Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys Award 2013
- National Human Resources Association, Vice President, Professional Issues (1998-2002)
- San Diego County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law section)
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, Vice President, Legislation (2002-2005)
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- University of Arizona, College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of Arizona (B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1993)
Speaking Engagements +-
- Lorman Education Services Seminar, “Overview of the Alphabet Soup of Employment Law” and “Time Off” (March 3, 2005)
- McAllister Institute, “Sexual Harassment Prevention” (2003)
- Lorman Education Services Seminar, “Employee Handbooks and Personnel Files” and “Time Off” (February, 2003)
- Lorman Education Services Seminar, “Human Resources Audits” (January, 2002)
- Lorman Education Services Seminar, “Human Resources Audits in California” (January, 2001)
- Betabenefits.com’s Employee Management Strategies Conference, “Benefits Legislation Working for You”