Jennifer N. Lutz
Jennifer N. Lutz focuses her practice in employment litigation and counseling. Jennifer represents California’s employers in all aspects of employment disputes in state and federal court, and before administrative and government agencies. Jennifer has successfully litigated disputes involving issues of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, defamation, and both individual and class action wage and hour claims.
In addition, Jennifer provides advice and training to employers on a full range of employment law issues, including drafting employment policies and procedures, terminations, and discipline.
Jennifer serves as an employment law instructor for the UC San Diego Extension. She is also a speaker and author on issues such as wage and hour law, employee privacy, and leaves of absence.
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2014
- San Diego Super Lawyers 2011 – 2019
- Nominated for The Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys Award 2013
- National Human Resources Association, Vice President, Professional Issues (1998-2002)
- San Diego County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law section)
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, Vice President, Legislation (2002-2005)
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- University of Arizona, College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of Arizona (B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1993)
Speaking Engagements +-
- California Restaurant Association, “San Diego County: The Dos and Don’ts of Human Resources” (March, 2019)
- San Diego Business Services Alliance, “California Employment Laws – 2019” (November, 2018)
- HR Comply California, “Can We Fire This Employee or Not? The State and Federal Tripwires to Avoid When Terminating Employees in California” (October, 2018)
- California Restaurant Association, “Human Resources in California” (February, 2018)
- San Diego Business Services Alliance, “New California Employment Laws” (December, 2017)
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management “Social Media in the Workplace” (January, 2017)
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, Keynote Speaker “2016 California Compliance and Legislative Update” (January, 2016)