Shareholder (Los Angeles)
Martin Moreno is a shareholder at Pettit Kohn and is licensed in California. He is an experienced trial and litigation attorney known for his creative approaches to resolving complex, high-exposure matters. As part of the Transportation team, he handles commercial trucking matters across all areas of transportation law. In addition, his wide range of civil litigation experience includes personal injury, premises liability, contractual disputes, and general negligence matters.
Martin is a native Angeleno. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in both Political Science and English, with honors, from California State University, Long Beach. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University School of Law, where he earned the CALI Excellence Award in Legal Research/Writing and Torts. Martin was selected for inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2010-2012, an honor given to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in each state. Martin is licensed to practice law before all of the Federal District Courts of California.
Outside of Pettit Kohn, Martin is actively involved in the local community offering pro bono services to legal clinics with both The LGBTQ Center Long Beach and the Long Beach Bar Association. Martin also serves as a voting member of the Los Angeles LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association’s Donald Snow Scholarship Committee.
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2010-2012
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Long Beach Bar Association
- Los Angeles LGBTQ+ Lawyers Association
- State Bar of California
- The Mexican American Bar Association
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- California State University Long Beach (B.A., with honors, 1998)
Speaking Engagements +-
- DRI Diversity for Success Seminar, “The Role of In-House Counsel in Managing Litigation” (2016)