Shareholder (Los Angeles)
Martin Moreno is a shareholder at Pettit Kohn and is licensed in California. He is an experienced trial and litigation attorney known for his creative approaches to resolving complex, high-exposure matters. His experience includes civil litigation, focusing primarily on personal injury, premises liability, contractual disputes, and general negligence matters.
Martin is a native Angeleno. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in both Political Science and English, with honors, from California State University, Long Beach. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University School of Law, where he earned the CALI Excellence Award in Legal Research/Writing and Torts. Martin was selected for inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2010-2012, an honor given to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in each state.
Martin is licensed to practice law before all of the Federal District Courts of California. Prior to law school, Martin served as legislative analyst for a member of the United States House of Representatives working on legislative issues involving state and federal matters.
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2010-2012
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Long Beach Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- The Mexican American Bar Association
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- California State University Long Beach (B.A., with honors, 1998)
Speaking Engagements +-
- DRI Diversity for Success Seminar, “The Role of In-House Counsel in Managing Litigation” (2016)