Michelle Perez-Yanez is an associate in Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin’s Employment & Labor practice group. She represents employers in a wide range of employment matters involving wage and hour disputes, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Prior to joining Pettit Kohn, her practice focused on representing plaintiffs in labor and employment suits. Michelle’s experience provides a balanced insight to case strategy that helps employers minimize litigation and keeps them out of the courtroom.
A Texas border native, Michelle came to San Diego to continue her education at California Western School of Law where she obtained her Juris Doctor. Michelle is fluent in Spanish and has experience counseling employees on complex legal issues in Spanish.
Outside of the office, Michelle is dedicated to mentoring high school students in their transition to college. She is actively involved with the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation. She currently serves as a board member of their alumni association dedicated to professional development. Michelle also serves on the scholarship selection committee where she reviews scholarship applications and provides recommendations for selection of scholarship recipients.
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association
- State Bar of California
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley (B.A., cum laude, 2015)
- Michelle Perez-Yanez, “Will Working From Home Be a Reasonable Accommodation Post-Covid?” American Bar Association (2020)
Speaking Engagements +-
- Dell Scholars Alumni Network, “Careers in Law” (2022)
- Dell Scholars Alumni Network, “Scholar Pro: Salary Negotiations” (2021)