Rebecca N. Herman
Senior Counsel (Los Angeles)
Ms. Herman joined Pettit Kohn in 2016. Prior to her employment at Pettit Kohn she litigated a variety of cases, including insurance defense, general liability and employment matters, as well representation of public entities, officials, and individual officers, in cases involving allegations of civil rights violations. Ms. Herman has aggressively and successfully utilized both procedural and substantive law to obtain dismissals of her cases by way of law and motion. She has also defended officers and individuals in federal and state jury trials, which have included claims of unlawful arrest, excessive force, retaliation, as well as state tort claims.
Ms. Herman received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Emory University in 2004, and her Juris Doctor from Pepperdine Law School in 2007. While in law school, Ms. Herman served as a judicial extern for The Honorable Terry J. Hatter of the United States District Court.
Ms. Herman is a member of the State Bar of California and the United States District Court, Central District of California.
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Emory University (B.A., 2004)
Speaking Engagements +-
- Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce Webinar, “Santa Monica’s Temporary Moratorium on Evictions and its Impact on Commercial Landlords and Tenants” (2020)
- Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce Webinar, “Reopening Your Business in a COVID-19 Environment: The Do’s and Don’ts” (2020)