Sara E. Bloch
Sara E. Bloch is an associate in Pettit Kohn’s San Diego office and focuses her practice on professional liability and business litigation matters.
Sara obtained her Juris Doctor in 2021 from California Western School of Law. In addition to graduating cum laude, Sara participated in numerous scholastic activities. After competing in a campus-wide advocacy program, school faculty honored Sara with a Distinguished Advocate Award for outstanding trial skills. This award allowed Sara to go on and actively compete on California Western’s National Trial Team. In her spare time Sara served as an honors teaching fellow, where she mentored first-year law students and taught a weekly large group tutoring session on the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Upon concluding law school, Sara received numerous awards, including the CWSL Faculty Award, the Gordon & Holmes Advocacy Award, the Dean’s Diversity Award, and Academic Merit Scholarships.
Prior to joining Pettit Kohn, Sara was a judicial extern for the Honorable Anthony J. Battaglia of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California where she worked on a wide array of issues from business litigation to personal injury matters. Sara also served as a Certified Legal Intern for the California Attorney General’s Office where she drafted appellate briefs and successfully argued before the California Court of Appeal. Sara also interned in both the United States Attorney’s Office, where she worked on Project Safe Childhood cases, a nationwide federal initiative to end child exploitation, and the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, where she participated in the annual summer advocacy competition where her oral advocacy skills earned her a place as a semi-finalist in the office-wide competition.
- American Inns of Court, J. Clifford Wallace Chapter
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Trial Advocacy Committee Co-chair
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- University of Southern California (M.A., 2018)
- University of California, Riverside (B.A., 2015)
- Sara Bloch, “Ramos and Edwards: Jury Unanimity and a Lesson in Progress,” Jury Trial Improvement Committee Newsletter (January, 2022)