Shannon R. Finley
Shannon R. Finley obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law, where she received a merit scholarship upon entrance. While attending law school, Shannon served as an extern for the Honorable Peter C. Lewis, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, and also for the California Attorney General’s Office in the Employment and Administrative Mandate Section. Shannon earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Jurisprudence, Special Education and the Law, and State and Local Government. Additionally, Shannon served as the Senior Associate Editor and Symposium Chair of the San Diego International Law Journal, and as a research assistant to Professor Roy L. Brooks. Upon graduation, Shannon worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Dee D. Drell, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana (2013-2014).
Before law school, Shannon attended the University of California, Los Angeles, graduating cum laude, where she earned a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in History and in Classical Civilizations.
Shannon’s practice areas include employment & labor and retail matters.
- Lawyer’s Club of San Diego, Law School Outreach Committee Co-Chair (2016-present)
- J. Clifford Wallace Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Associate (2015-present)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- The Crossroads American Inn of Court of Alexandria-Pineville, Associate (2013-2014)
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., cum laude, 2009)
- Shannon Finley & Ryan Nell, “The Changing Landscape of California Employment Law: Adapting to the 21st Century Workforce,” 2016 Bender’s Calif. Lab. & Empl. Bull. 207 (June 2016)
- Shannon Finley, “Whistle (and Tweet) While You Work: Social Media, Networking, and What’s Not Working in the Workplace,” Employment Practices Liability Consultant (EPLiC) (Summer 2017)