Legal Assistant (LA Office)
Position: Legal Assistant (LA Office)
Senior level defense litigation secretary with 8+ years of experience is needed to support busy litigation attorneys. Must be self-motivated, team oriented, have a high attention to detail and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Accuracy is a must.
- Preparing draft court documents, specifically complaints, answers, discovery, briefs, motions, motions for summary judgment, correspondence and memos.
- Revising and finalizing documents and ensuring timely service, filing and delivery.
- Calendaring court dates from the initiation of a case through trial, depositions (with clients, court reporters, interpreters, videographers and other entities) and other case occurrences.
- Preparing for trials as needed
- Confirming calendar events
- Other special projects as assigned
- In-depth knowledge of California Civil Procedure and Court Rules, and meticulous management of attorney’s calendar is required.
- Proficiency in a Windows environment
- Typing at least 70 wpm is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills and team player spirit
- Organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Very dependable, reliable, trustworthy and motivated
- Strong integrity and professional demeanor
Salary Range: $75K to $90K. We also offer bonus opportunities and generous benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off. If you are self-motivated, a team player, and take pride setting and achieving high level goals, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to:
Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin PC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.