Thomas S. Ingrassia
Shareholder / Chief Financial Officer
Thomas S. Ingrassia is a founding member of Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin, and serves as the firm’s Chief Financial Officer. As co-chair of the firm’s Employment and Labor Department, Tom regularly assists his clients in developing and enforcing appropriate employment practices and policies, investigating claims of employee harassment/misconduct, and defending all forms of employment litigation before State and Federal courts and administrative agencies. Tom has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for his legal ability and ethical standards. Tom was selected for inclusion in San Diego Super Lawyers for each year since 2008 and was recognized as one of San Diego’s Top 50 Attorneys in 2016 and 2017. Additionally, Tom received San Diego Daily Transcript’s “Top Attorneys” for Labor/Employment Law in 2011 and 2015. Tom has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, a publication regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence every year since 2013.
Tom is a widely-acclaimed speaker who is frequently invited to provide employment practices and employee management training for private firms, other attorneys, and professional organizations throughout California. Tom’s leadership in the community was formally recognized with his election as the 2002 President of the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management, the region’s largest organization of human resource professionals.
Tom was born in Long Island, New York, and attended the State University of New York at Albany, where he graduated cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting. He then attended Boston University School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor degree. He has been licensed to practice law in the State of California since 1990.
- Best Lawyers in America 2013 – 2018
- San Diego Business Journal’s CFO of the Year Award (Finalist) 2013
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2014, 2015
- San Diego Daily Transcript’s “Top Attorneys” Award (Labor/Employment) 2011, 2015; Nominee (Labor/Employment) 2014
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2014-2017
- San Diego Super Lawyers 2008-2017
- San Diego Super Lawyers Top 50 2016, 2017
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Employment Practices Substantive Law Committee Member; Board of Directors Member, 2004 & 2005
- California Restaurant Association
- San Diego County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section and Litigation Sections)
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management; President, 2002; Board of Directors, 1997-2003
- State Bar of California
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- State University of New York at Albany (B.S., cum laude, 1987)