Annual Employment Law Symposium – November 14, 2011
Pettit Kohn’s 5th Annual Employment Law Symposium will be held on Monday, November 14, 2011 at The Dana on Mission Bay. Join our team of employment attorneys as we address important changes and developments in employment law over the past year. The symposium will consist of two sessions.
Session I 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Employment Law Update
- Wage & Hour Issues and Updates
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Transitioning Independent Contractors to Regular Employees and “Exempt” Status Employees to “Non-Exempt” Employees
- Drug Testing and Medical Marijuana
- ADAAA Regulations
- Internal Investigations
- Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation, and Confidentiality Agreements
Session II 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Required AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Avoidance Training
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment
- Investigation of Sexual Harassment Complaints
- Supervisor Responsibilities Once a Complaint is Received
- Retaliation and How to Prevent It
- Other Forms of Discrimination
- How to Create and Maintain a Culture of Mutual Respect
Who should attend: Business Owners, Executives, Human Resource Professionals, Managers and Supervisors.
Click here for the registration form or email Cathy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This program has been approved for 5.75* (Specified-California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.orgopens in a new window.
*The approved credit hours have been reduced from 6.5 effective November 8, 2011.